Chefs Required for Summer 2018.
- Do you have experience of cooking for large groups of people?
- Are you comfortable working long hours and to tight deadlines?
- Are you self-motivated and possess strong organisational skills?
- Do you enjoy working outdoors?
- Are you looking for work between June to September?
If your answers are ‘yes’ then please read below:
Field Events Ltd are looking for crew to work on boutique camping accommodation sites at over 50 festivals and events across the UK & Europe. We require Chefs to feed the Site Team on the set up and breakdown days. Our main client is Podpads.
- Work is available from June to September 2018.
- Typical contracts consist of 4 days’ work, paid at a £400 flat rate + event ticket. Extra days at £100 a day.
- Food is provided on the set up and breakdown days.
- Sites are located across the UK & Europe. We offer transport from our HQ near Bath and, if driving, will provide a driving rate.
Set Up & Breakdown
- Set up purpose-built event kitchen and buy groceries and supplies from local supermarkets.
- Prepare 4 meals a day and clean and wash up after the crew.
- Manage the kitchen area.
- Clean and pack away the event kitchen.
- The Chefs typically camp in the boutique campsite from the Monday before the event to the Monday after.
- The campsite contains electricity, water, communal area, seating and showers and posh toilets during the event.
- Due to the intense and outdoor nature of this work, applicants must detail relevant experience if they want to be considered.
- Compile meal plans and shopping lists in accordance with daily budgets.
- Remain organised and focused to buy ingredients and deliver meals to strict deadlines.
- A full UK driving licence.
- You work in a team so it is imperative that you have strong interpersonal skills and are a team player.
- You need to be comfortable camping on-site for days at a time and provide your own tent, bedding and waterproofs.
- You must prove that you have the legal right to work in the UK and, if haven’t done so already, register as self-employed. We can provide advice on how to do this.
Click here to fill out and submit an application form.
Spaces are limited so please submit your application as soon as possible.
Applicants may be interviewed (by Skype or in person near Bristol/Bath).
Applicants are required to attend a practical interview weekend on 2nd and 3rd June 2018
and, if successful, an induction weekend on the 30th June and 1st July 2018 both near Bristol/Bath.